Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Week 4: Part 2

https://mypay.dfas.mil/
https://www.amazon.com/

I visit the MyPay website pretty frequently. It’s a military website, so it’s understandably lacking in design qualities. It is effective because it provides military members with access to their financial information. The good design principal in this website is the fact that the main reason people come to this site is to log in with a Common Access Card (CAC) and check on their personal financial things. I come back because I always end up needing to print a check stub, or get tax forms or check on my upcoming check stubs. The home page could be improved by putting less information overall. Rather than just one long page, it would be better if there were tabs at the top to bring you to the different sections.

I’m on amazon’s website daily. I’m always coming back to either make purchases, compare prices, or window shopping. This website is effective because when a customer is logged in, items that are similar to what they’ve searched for will pop up. Also, there is a “Pick Up Where You Left Off” section which is very convenient. Amazon’s home page is customized so that each customer is seeing what they might want to see. If you are not logged in, the home page shows amazons deals and popular items, which is also convenient. Overall, the home page can be considered to be cluttered due to all of the items, but it actually works in this instance. I guess because I frequent the site so often, I can’t imagine it any other way.


I commented on the blogs of Michelle W, Jordan T, Iana J.

No comments:

Post a Comment