Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Week 8: Part 1


Out of the top 8 visual social media platforms, I like Instagram then best for my line of business. I am selling hand knit beanies and eventually I will incorporate other items. Instagram’s setup acts as a showcase gallery for my products. It also allows for one link, so I placed my website there for people to shop. I utilize the hashtags and I am still learning about my target audience. Once I figure out the best time and days of the week to post, I will set a schedule for myself.
Facebook comes in handy because of the large number of users. It is also necessary to have Facebook business page if you would like to convert to an Instagram for Business account. Facebook has the same capability to showcase my products, but it is also easy to share other forms of content like text, links, and videos. I am new to the Facebook “Pages” feature but so far, it is very user friendly and simple.
I do not have a Pinterest business account but I have been on the website. I believe it is best to use that website for inspiration. From what I hear, that is the main reason people use it. It is pretty saturated with people that like DIY and make things themselves. It would be good for someone who sells knitting patterns and supplies. Twitter is a great platform for networking. I do not have an account but I know that the users are very engaged there and using hashtags will allow you to be discovered in the same way you can on Instagram.
I don’t use Tumblr, Google+, or YouTube. I could probably benefit from the use of YouTube as a central place to keep any videos I may create for my business. The videos would also be posted on each platform that I use.
Ultimately, visual networking is a major necessity for my brand. People want to see products “in the wild” being worn and used. I am able to share photos and encourage my target market to click the shopping link. 


No comments:

Post a Comment